We offer an array of options for coating pipe bends. We supply holiday-free polyethylene (YJ and UB) coated pipe bends as well as several types of post-bend spray-on coating, both external and internal. Compass Bending also provides tape wrap, shrink sleeves and polyurethane foam insulation. Insulated bends can be provided with tape, shrink sleeves or hardshell (spray-on polyurea) as the outside layer. We can supply coating materials and patch kits to ship to site for repairs and for covering field joints.
Maximum service temperature
|Epoxies (preferred)||Denso Protal 7200||85°C / 185°F|
|Epoxies (also available)||3M Scotchkote 134||113°C / 235°F|
|Denso Protal 7900||121°C / 250°F|
|Devoe Devchem 253 (internal)||149°C / 300°F|
|Enviroline 415 (internal)||149°C / 300°F|
|Novocoat Novolac R-200||100°C / 212°F|
|Novocoat SC2200||200°C / 392°F|
|SPC SP 2888RG||80°C / 176°F|
|SPC SP 3888||95°C / 203°F|
|SPC SP 8888||150°C / 302°F|
|Tape wrap (preferred)||Renfrew RenWrap 330||85°C / 185°F|
|Polyken 900||66°C / 150°F|
|Tape wrap (also available)||Polyken 934||66°C / 150°F|
|Renfrew RenWrap 300||71°C / 160°F|
|Stopaq CZHT / HTPP system||95°C / 203°F|
|Shrink sleeves||Canusa K-60||60°C / 140°F|
|Canusa GTS-80||85°C / 185°F (<16″ø)|
|Raychem WPCT||86°C / 187°F|
|Polyethylene (Yellow Jacket, Ultrabond)||Perma-Pipe Ultrabond RA (UBRA)||60°C / 140°F|
|Shaw YJ (“YJ1”)||60°C / 140°F|
|Shaw YJ2K||85°C / 185°F|
|Insulation||Polyurethane foam half-shells *||– over: YJ, UBRA, tape, epoxy|
|– top coat: tape, shrink sleeves, polyurea spray|
|* standard and custom thicknesses|
|* available with heat trace channels|
- Prior to coating, pipe bends are prepared with sand blasting to SSPC-SP6 or SSPC-SP10 depending on coating requirements.
- Appropriate primers are applied as required (e.g. prior to tape wrap).
- All coated bends (including YJ and UB pipe) are patched if necessary and holiday tested before shipping.
- We will bend Perma-Pipe Ultrabond IIISE (UB IIISE) only by special request with a waiver.
- YJ1 and UBRA coated bends are patched with K60 shrink sleeves. YJ2K and UB IIISE coated bends are patched with GTS-80 shrink sleeves. We can also use Stopaq wrapping products for patching when required.
- We can supply shrink sleeves and epoxy patch kits for site repairs and field joints.
- We can supply insulation half-shells, shrink sleeves, and tape wrap to be shipped loose to site for field installation.
- We keep the coating manufacturers’ spec sheets on file as well as installation guides, general information, and MSDS sheets. Call us for copies.
- All coatings applied by us come with quality assurance inspection reports.